3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bestop Powerstep!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Darcity
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Powerstep!!

Anyone have or know someone who has one of these? It is soooo cool! My only concern with it is the weight that it will add to my truck. Oh, here's the link Powerstep

Old 06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bestop Powerstep!!

That is an odd little gadget, isn't it. Sorry I can't help you out, but the weight of it wouldn't be so much of a concern. Now the usefulness of it would be as well as the dependability.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

I'd probably smash that thing to pieces on a stump or something, at least bad enough to where it doesn't work. I'd rather have a good pair of sliders or a fixed nerf bar. Neet contraption though. I'd be too concerned with longevity of the motor and stuff since it is under the truck. I wonder how well it's protected.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Revelation78

Well I had that installed on one of my customer's trucks; it's actually rather strong. If you go with the MOPAR one at the dealership it is covered under your factory warranty. It will get dinged and damaged if you go off-roading alot, so keep that in mind as well. When you open any door, the step on that cooresponding side will lower; we had 5 guys all 185+ standing on them and it didn't flex. Hope it helps...

Old 06-08-2005, 02:05 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's alot of weight. How do they hold up to road salt and that sort of thing though?

Old 06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Darcity
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Revelation78

Well I had that installed on one of my customer's trucks; it's actually rather strong. If you go with the MOPAR one at the dealership it is covered under your factory warranty. It will get dinged and damaged if you go off-roading alot, so keep that in mind as well. When you open any door, the step on that cooresponding side will lower; we had 5 guys all 185+ standing on them and it didn't flex. Hope it helps...
Revelation78, how much weight does that step add to the truck?

Old 06-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Darcity
Rookie

I called the company today and they said that it would add only 80lbs. I will let you all know if I decide to get it.

Quick Reply: Bestop Powerstep!!