3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electircal/ Starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 05:39 PM
simplesim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electircal/ Starting problem

My 06 dodge won't start. At first i thought it was just a battery problem but then i noticed the check engine light was on was well. after trying to turn it over, the check engine light stays on even with the keys removed from the ignition and the doors open. the windows and radio still works. could my remote starter be messing things up?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:14 AM
vinnierap
Rookie

Do you notice your antitheft light on? Its a red dot on the bottom right of the cluster? If that light is on then yes your auto starter might be messing tings up. When they install an autostarter they put basicaly a wire or something around your ignition so the truck reads as if the key (key sensor) is in the ignition allowing for it to start. If this is the probelm then you have to contact the people who installed your starter and have them re-program the chip sensor.

Attached Thumbnails Electircal/ Starting problem-2004-dodge-ram-1500-4-door-quad-cab-140-5-wb-4wd-slt-instrument-cluster_100271887_m.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:04 AM
canedaddy

Just had the same problem on a road trip. In fact I pick mine up from the shop tomorrow 2.5 hours from home. Mine turned out to be the crank sensor.

Quick Reply: Electircal/ Starting problem