3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

airbag wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Not being rude but most guys wont bother to read and answer if they cant read and understand what you are trying to say. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM
broncoremy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<snipped post after I re-read what I wrote. i didn't like it so I killed it.>

Last edited by broncoremy; 12-02-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
countryboy17

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Not being rude but most guys wont bother to read and answer if they cant read and understand what you are trying to say. Just a bit of friendly advice.
thanks for advice.Someone please help me fix this!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
That1guy
Veteran

On my 02. Anything air bag has a neon yellow plug. So you just have the truck side of the wiring hanging out? When i had my bag out i think there was only one plug. Is the bag plug ok?

Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM
countryboy17

the plug is gone so now i have 4 wires.Two from airbag and the other 2 from truck harness.I was going to connect them back together but dont know which wires went together.If i remember correctly all the wires where black in color!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, i think there are two ways to do it. The colors have to be different though. All wires are specifically color coded for wiring simplification.

One way is to download the service manuals in my signature links and find the wiring diagram and use it to wire everything back together.

The other way is to maybe buy a new airbag with the connector on it OR go HERE to get wiring connectors from Chrysler

Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
HouseApe
Professional

I would not fool around with the SRS wiring. You should only replace it.

You are also opening your self to liability if anything goes wrong with the SRS system if you attempt to repair the wiring.

CAUTION: Not all connectors are serviced. Some connectors are serviced only with a harness. A typical example might be the Supplemental Restraint System connectors.

The SRS connectors are special as they have shorting bars in the connector. The Igniter harness should be available from Dodge as it ofter gets burnt during a Air Bag deployment. The dash side of the harness you might be better to get a complete one from the wrecker's.

And never ever use a DVOM on the Air Bag wiring as the 9 volt battery in the meter is enough to ignite the Air Bag.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 PM
That1guy
Veteran

I might be able to get the dash plug for you if you really need. I had a junk one that I traded for parts and he said if i ever needed a part let him know.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
countryboy17

if i was too replace the whole harness, how would i get the old truck side of the harness out?Does it have another plug.I orderd another airbag with a plug on it so now i just need to fix the truck side of the harness or replace it

Old 12-03-2010, 05:28 PM
HouseApe
Professional

It should run from the passenger side of the dash to the Air Bag module thats bolted to the trans tunnel under the cup holder.

Ill see if i can look it up.

Cant seem to find anything on a 2002 call the dealer and see what they say. Or you can go to the wreckers and pull the harness yourself.

Edit #2

Looks like the 23 pin connector on the Air Bag Control Module is the compleat harness and that conector also has the shorting bars on Pin 7 & 8 (Pass Air Bag). That harness is most likely the compleat dash harness.

Edit #3

As a last resort option (and I'm not recommending you do this) is to go to the wreckers and take the 23 pin connector off the air bag module and cut all the wires (as long as you can) except Pins 7 & 8, as they run to the pass side air bag. Take it home and practice removing / inserting the cut wires from the 23 pin connector until you can do it without damage then do pin 7 & 8 and install it in your truck.

Last edited by HouseApe; 12-03-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: airbag wiring