3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Some Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Tccards500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Concerns

I have a 2004 Ram 5.7L Hemi with about 110k on it....the pickup actually runs perfect once i get past the startup issues.
1) When it gets "cold", like 40 or below, when i start the vehicle it runs perfect but the oil pressure gauge registers at 0 or no pressure, but if i turn the vehicle off then on right away it goes right to where it usually runs at. So is this a gauge malfunction, the oil sending unit, or something else.

2) Just the other day, on a rather cold morning, like -5, when i started the pickup, i had the usual no oil pressure but the ETC light came on and stayed on, so i turned the vehicle off like normal but when i retarted it, the ETC like blinked and continued to blink after like 3 restarts of the engine but it eventually went off and ran normally.

Also, how difficult is it to replace the EGR valve, im pretty sure thats going out AGAIN too

Time for a new dodge i guess

Thanks for any help

Old 12-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Tccards500

Oh and 1 more thing...sometimes my ABS work OK at best and sometimes they dont work at all...whats the deal with that?

Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Matt99
Champion

I have absolutely no idea about the oil guage, sounds like a gauge malfunction to me because obviously you do not have 0 pressure.

EGR is easy, i believe hammerz71 has a DIY in the FAQ section on changing it

the ABS has been odd on these trucks according to many people. Sometimes mine will lock up, other times it will work like its supposed to, and other times it doesnt work at all. I dont think the trucks up to 09 have an amazing system

Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 PM
TUFF977

I had the same issue with my oil guage and sometimes it will cause the CEL to come on thats something I was worried about so i just hooked up a mechanical guage temporarily for a few days and dealt with the CEL to make sure it was ok I changed the sending unit and that ended up fixing the problem. Never was one just to change a part without makin sure lol

Quick Reply: Some Concerns