3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Starting issues, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:02 AM
MOPARBAR
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issues, need help!

Ok, I have an 04 hemi that has had trouble starting a couple times now in the last year and I'm afraid its going to strand me one of these days. Here is what's happening

Scenario 1: truck turns over and catches, goes up to 1500 RPM like it's starting then just dies. Does this over and over and won't start. The next morning starts right up with no problems for months.

Scenario 2: same as 1 above but after a while won't even crank over (battery it fine). Again, wait overnight, the truck starts and is fine for months.

Any ideas? Again, I think the truck is going to strand me. With my luck it will be on a trip with my wife and kids! Help!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:47 AM
MOPARBAR
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No replies yet so I thought I'd add some more info to hopefully spark some ideas. Sometimes when doing this the truck will just crank and not try to catch at all and other times (like in the home depot parking lot last week) it will start for a sec then die, then runs fine after restarting. It has never died while driving and runs smooth and sting while idling and driving. help!

Quick Reply: Starting issues, need help!