3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AeroTurbine Muffler and K&N filter= Good Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 09:39 AM
QuickStarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroTurbine Muffler and K&N filter= Good Results

Swapped out the stock muffler with a new aeroturbine 3030 muffler and dropped in a K&N filter. A very noticable increase in performance and sound that I like very much. Very quiet at idle and the second the gas is applied the exhaust has a very nice deep tone that just keeps increasing with the rpm's. My fuel mileage went from 13 to 14 in the city and im going to see what the highway mileage is this weekend. These 2 upgrades truely compliment the hemi engine.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:33 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AeroTurbine Muffler and K&N filter= Good Results

Do you have any dyno numbers or track times to see what the real diferences are.

I'm sceptical of the Aeroturbine muffler and the theory they claim that makes it any different from other performance mufflers. The K&N is a proven performance improvement.
Nice looking truck.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:30 PM
QuickStarr

No dyno #'s or track times. Just a general seat of the pants feeling. With just the muffler installed there was only a small performance improvement, but the fuel mileage was deffinetly up. Then when I added the K&N you could really feel the performance increase and it also added to the sound of the muffler. Fuel mileage has stayed up after the filter install and im happy with that. I was very sceptical of the aero turbine muffler also as I was going to go with magnaflow. I would still like to install a magnaflow muffler and see if it makes any difference.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
cntrsnr2001

is it just the filter or is it the whole intake kit? also, is it just the muffler or is it the kit? i've read some people saying things about the Hemi not taking well to upgrades and mods.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

I ve heard of a few problems with spark knock after a cai has been installed???who knows for sure until you try few things...also mopar is selling performance exhaust and cai so I doubt that the install would result in less perfromance or problems

Old 06-17-2005, 09:08 AM
QuickStarr

What I did was just the drop in filter and just the muffler. No kit, No CAI. It was $196 for the 3030 muffler and $40 for the filter, both off e-bay. It was $70 to have the muffler installed at a local performance muffler shop. That is all im doing in the performance upgrades part. It runs good and sounds great and that is the way I want to keep it. It's just a cheaper way to go about it. I priced the Magnaflow system and it starts at $575 and im sure it's a great system and sounds great, I just did my own.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently put an El Cheapo Ravin muffler on the Ram and it definitely increased the mid and upper range power. I suppose I'll have to wait to run it and see what kind of change it made.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:04 PM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

Not to back track, but you said you only switched out the muffler, and added the k n filter. When u added the filter, you noticed a different with only the filter? would you say u got more "but in the seat" feeling from the filter or the muffler? Say i want to go to the store down the street right now and get the k&n filter, its worth the 50 bucks? Ill notice a difference? How much is just the filter supose to add in hp?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:41 AM
QuickStarr

I would highly suggest getting the filter as it works great, it deffinetly adds more than the muffler. But when combined together as muffler and filter, air in and air out it is a very good combination. The muffler alone is worth the price just for the sound and the filter for the performance. Pick you poision!

Old 06-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

did you remove the resonator too?

Quick Reply: AeroTurbine Muffler and K&N filter= Good Results