3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Agressive sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agressive sound

If i'm looking for an agressive muscle car sound, what mufflers would i get?

Old 06-17-2005, 11:23 PM
gamagatsu1
Default RE: Agressive sound

ive heard about removing the muffler and running a striaght pipe but what about removing just the resonator i haven't heard much about that.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

There are many choices. I am running Magnaflow cat-backs, and they sound great. Not quite as loud as Flowmasters, which I like.

One of the most important things in general is to have a good exhaust shop do the job. Quality welds, good chrome tips (not cheapo ones) and proper hanging hardware, etc. can make a big difference.

Old 06-18-2005, 03:40 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gamagatsu1

ive heard about removing the muffler and running a striaght pipe but what about removing just the resonator i haven't heard much about that.
Yeup.. thats what I have heard as well. Makes it sound real nice and it will out perform ANY muffler mod available... And with the money you saved you can spend it where it counts... Get a High flow"Y" pipe and add an electric cut out just after the CAT/"Y" pipe.... This will give you the biggest bang for the buck hands down.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 06-19-2005, 04:08 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

Get a High flow"Y" pipe and add an electric cut out just after the CAT/"Y" pipe.... This will give you the biggest bang for the buck hands down.
What are you in referance to when you said electric cut out? Are you just in reference to a smooth cut? I am intrested in just removing the resonator for cost reasons. It will be a while before I can afford a whole exhaust system but I want that muscle car sound too. I like the idea of an aftermarket y pipe.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:25 AM
gamagatsu1

Yeah i would like to remove the resonator too and keep the muffler i think the 03 didn't have a RES. and sounded pretty good

Old 06-19-2005, 06:07 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

An exhuast cut-out is a place where the exhuast pipe slits into two directions. One continues down the normal path of the exhuast, the other just stick out like 3,4 or so inches and is left open. You can cover it up, so the exhuast flows all the way down the pipe like it supose to for smog. Or an eletric one, so its just a push of a button to remove the cover, and make it run just striaght out the pipe. Example putting it on a y pipe and opening them up, is like running open headers on ur engine.

Quick Reply: Agressive sound