3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:47 PM
mizziiiike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers Installation

I am looking at purchasing some Thorley Headers and I was wondering how difficult the installation of the headers were. When I was installing my K&N cold air induction, it requires dropping the right wheel well...and it looked pretty simple to get to the headers. Is there anything special that I need to know about before I install them. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headers Installation

I don't think it's too bad if you have the use of a life. It looks like you need to access through the wheel well for some of the install.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:02 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headers Installation

I had seen that when you put them on, you need to like heat the headers up by letting the truck idle, then re torque the bolts. Make sure that the gaskets are really good, thats usually the week part. Check to make sure that there isnt anything around that will be affected by heat and the new place of the headers. I knw some brands with headers get too close to the starter motor and give it an eatly death. Sometimes some heat tape or insulation can take care of it.

Quick Reply: Headers Installation