3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:45 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Airbag Light won't shut off!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
RammaJamma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the third generation Ram section,
FF

Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 AM
RammaJamma

Thanks!

The truck was purchased used and the light was not on at that time. The light came on after my truck was broken into and I had my stereo stolen.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:06 PM
dnlo613
Rookie

Have your trucks airbag system scanned to pinpoint the exact problem before wasting your money on parts that cannot be returned,any reputable collision shop would have the proper scanning equiptment.(plus labor rates are less than a dealer)it's a closed loop system that the code cannot be cleared,until everything is in check.....

Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM
catfish621
Amateur

Check wire connectors under seats. Mine sometimes comes loose.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
naro
Amateur

I had a 02 quad cab with the same problem, also my horn was barely working. I changed the clock spring, and the problem went away and my horn is back to normal, It's very easy to do, you are going to need a steering wheel puller though. And you have to disconnect the negative cable and wait for 2 mins, to drain the electrical charge, You are also gonna need T15 & T30.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:42 AM
fewmopar
Rookie

I had the same problem and the dealer found a bad connection at the right hand seat

Old 02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
RammaJamma

Thanks for the input!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
RammaJamma

Originally Posted by dnlo613
Have your trucks airbag system scanned to pinpoint the exact problem before wasting your money on parts that cannot be returned,any reputable collision shop would have the proper scanning equiptment.(plus labor rates are less than a dealer)it's a closed loop system that the code cannot be cleared,until everything is in check.....

Thanks for the info!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
RammaJamma
Default Airbag Light Fixed!!!

After many hours of searching, reading, and frustration, I have finally fixed my problem!

First off, a huge THANKS to everyone who gave some time to lend me some advice! In some way, shape, or form it all seemed to help!

I was referring to the owners manual one night and found that on my 3rd Gen. Dodge, when the passenger airbag is off, a small light is supposed to light up above the Passenger Airbag Switch (PAS), infront of the passenger seat, on the dash. Very insignificant light, easy to overlook! Sure enough the light wasn't on.
Took off the dash panel, around the stereo, which is just a solid piece of plastic that pops right out. Pull slowly, firmly, and CAREFULLY! Removed the PAS power cable and the three screws holding the PAS into the dash panel. Checked electrical output of the power cable and it was working fine. Disassembled the PAS and saw that the tiny bulb was burnt out. Removed the PAS Circuit Board(?) (Green Circuit Board the bulb is attached to!), be sure to use a soldering gun to aid in removal. Brute strength took me a long time! Please feel free to ask me what to do to remove the PAS board.
Next, went to the auto parts store and found a bulb of equal size. Removed the old bulb and attached the new bulb with soldering gun. Reassembled PAS, connected power cable, cranked over truck and Bingo Baby!!! Replacing that bulb fixed the PAS light and got the Airbag Light on my instrument panel to shut off!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

Nice work. Better than having to pull the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Airbag Light won't shut off!