3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Out of ideas.......need help????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
jcrgr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of ideas.......need help????

My check gauges light came on in my 05' Ram 5.7. My battery gauge goes to mid charge then drops and the check light comes on and stays on. Everything runs fine and it's done it for a month now. I've had the battery and the alternator checked out and even changed gauge clusters but still the same issue. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON??

I'm thinking at this point bad connection or short but where do I start??

THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS!!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM
dodgeboy1979
All Star

check you battery connections first, make sure there is no corrosion and they are tight, then check the leads from the alternator making sure of the same.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
will17

Hey I had a similar thing happening. I would come to a stop light and my battery light would go way down, at night lights would all dim and and motor would sputter. I looked around and found that the cause for my trouble was a dirty throttle body spacer. As it turns out it is pretty common on the Rams. Good luck and hopefully this helps you out.
Will

Old 02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Originally Posted by will17
Hey I had a similar thing happening. I would come to a stop light and my battery light would go way down, at night lights would all dim and and motor would sputter. I looked around and found that the cause for my trouble was a dirty throttle body spacer. As it turns out it is pretty common on the Rams. Good luck and hopefully this helps you out.
Will
Maybe you mean the throttle body, not the spacer? And what would it have to do with the battery?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep in mind the PCM controls the charge from the alt. So it is possible for the alt and batt to be good still but if the PCM is wacked out then that also could be the issue.

Just an idea