3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How's the ride on your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 05:14 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How's the ride on your truck?

I have a 05 durano 4x4 w/ hemi and a 04 ram qc 4x2 hemi. the durano rides alto smoother then the ram. its amazing at the smooth ride. The Rams with 20s run rougher then the rams with 17. mine has 17 and the ride is pretty smooth. I feel like about as nimble as a car. Either way a blast to drive as fast as you can in a straight line!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Darcity
Rookie

ORIGINAL: QuickStarr

It's a truck and you can't make it ride like a car. You will get use to it and eventually like it......
Wow, you'd make a good shrink!

I feel like I am being hypnotized..........."I will get used to it............I will eventually like it!!!"

Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
QuickStarr

Sorry, I don't know anyway else to describe it. The high ride and firm suspension kind of grows on you!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:08 PM
FireRam

I bought mine used about a month ago and it had the factory 20" rims. It rode like crap!! Driving across town was like driving on a washed out country road. I bought some used factory 17" rims, and put BFG All-Terrains (265/70R17 load range C) and it rides alot better than it did with the 275/55R20's on it.

My .02

Old 06-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Avanti
Captain

My new Ram rides a lot better than older trucks, but it will never be a family sedan. Drop the air pressure in your tires to 32# when not hauling and see if it helps.

Do NOT go to shorter sidewalls if you want a cushy ride!!! With very narrow sidewalls there is even less to absorb shock! Put 500 pounds of lead in the bed and it'll ride better.

All the best.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think it rides all that bad, it fairly smooth having 20 inch rim here.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:53 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

the new f150 blows the Dodges ride quality out of the water hands down. The titan and chevy do a fine job of spanking the Dodge in ride quality. Its gotta be the roughest 1/2 ton around for new trucks. The Dodge is however the best in terms of handling because of the firm ride. But be carefull, that handling is only good when not on rough roads because the dodge will get bouncy. Its gotta be my no 1 complaint. I am going to swap to Billstein shocks. As you can see I am on 17in rims as well. I went with the off road for the nice 17in rims for that reason. The off road rims look a whole lot better than the other 17in offerings, and 20inch rims just dont have any place on a 4x4. How goofy was that? I think that Dodge has gone too far with the 20 inch rim thing. They make a rough riding truck ride even more like crap. Yeah, lets throw those on. I guess that for a 2wd its cool because it does add that bling bling look as well as improve handling, but uhhh, a 4x4. DC is on crack if they expect people to go off road in them.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Most of your problem is air pressure ,The lower you go the smoother the ride .The higher you go the worst the ride. I use 40 lbs in mine with 17 in wheels ,but I gave up a little on the ride for better gas mileage.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 PM
dannysdodge

05 & Tires already need Balanced? Have heard some people complain before of the 20"s {wheels} having a bounce sometimes in the road. Its odd that the tires should need balanced, unless you have lost a weight on one of them. check your tire air pressure,to much/little = bad ride.

Old 07-11-2005, 06:24 PM
mpddadld

help me out please... gotta new ram 1500 and it jiggles a little which i'm ok with, but i'm getting a klunk or some king of noise under my feet when i hit certain bumps, and hit the brakes hard. need to know what to tell the dealer...

Quick Reply: How's the ride on your truck?