3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Debadge or no?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
SRSchermerhorn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Debadge or no?

I personally like the badges. They look good with the chrome bumpers and wheels. On your truck though, I would lose them because they kind of take away from your taillights.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
cantdodgeagasstation

i agree they look complement the other crome

Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Avanti
Captain

Here's a quick snap of mine debadged, if seeing more already done will help.

Updated pic: (Ah heck, I couldn't delete the original pic)

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/8EB2FD1BBC70441DB65D1FE24B8015D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/74B4DF7096E0401D85A5B326B0CE4A0B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Avanti
Captain

After posting the above pic, I got a PM as to how to remove badges. There are many ways, but the following was what I sent anonther Forum member. Use whatever works for you.

"There are many ways to proceed. This is my suggested way--I think it is the least risky to the paint finish. It is somewhat slow, but safe.

I use a couple strands of waxed dental floss looped over a couple pencil-sized wooden dowels for handles. Pull it up against the underside of the emblem and keep it there as you work. This will cut the tape right behind the emblem. Slowly saw back and forth applying considerable pressure. If you immediately break the floss you know it was too much pressure. It will take quite a bit of floss since it breaks in short order (I averaged one piece per number/letter on the sides).

Start with the thinnest part of the emblem; they are quick to come off and encouraging to the beginner. A wide emblem with no thick parts--like the rear Ram--is slow, the side numbers quick. After you are done one may use Goo-gone or an automotive adhesive remover (must be paint safe, of course) to carefully work loose the remaining adhesive tape. (if you try something new test it on an inconspicuous place and leave it on the paint for some time to be sure--checking often--that it's safe). Using Goo Gone and some water to inhibit resticking does the trick for me. I find rubbing with a thumb works best, but gets a little sore, though heals quickly.

Patience is the watch word. Good luck!"

Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 AM
pino_55

I will post pics of mine later today. I always debadge, becouse it looks cleaner. Yhe best way to debadge is this. #1 If your truck is new the paint surely won't be hurt, since the badges are newly applied. #2 use high test fishing line. #3 Heat the emblem with a blow dryer.(it won't hurt it since the paint is baked on anyways at a much hotter temp than that. #4 Just pick or roll the remaining adhesive off. If your truck is older you might want to heat the remaining adhesive just a bit to get it off. To much heat will make it gooey. Clean the area with goof off or 3M tar remover. I've removed every badge and sticker on every vehicle I've owned in about 10 minutes. The 4x4 stickers on the sides will just pull off with very little heat. I just let min sit in the sun for a few minutes. Hope this helps.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

KEEP. i love the badges. the truck looks plain without them

Old 07-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Hightower

The badges gone looks good! I would suggest a chrome handle for the tailgate to give it that suttle touch of class.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:37 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

i would suggest losing them tail lights, they just dont look right to me. It throws off the color of the truck, i dont know how to explain it.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:53 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Take em off! Look at Rob's truck and tell me it don't look right?!? Shaving the emblems is long and hard though. It took me 2 hours of rubbing off that tape and all the left over sticky crap. But its well worth it.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Rizzo20
Rookie

My truck has some type of door protector I'd guess you'd call it, or molding strips on the doors that appeared to be two-way taped on. I'd really like to take them off, because alot of the RAMs I see don't have them, are they hard to get off? I wonder if they can easiliy be taken off like the badges? The trucks that look good with them are the ones that are painted the same color, my truck is white and the molding strips are black.

Quick Reply: Debadge or no?