3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bakflip F1 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Deathrend
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bakflip F1 Issue

So now I'm having an issue with my new F1 Cover.

I'm not sure if I have the wrong clamps with it, or if I'm just doing something wrong. I've taken it off and put it back on twice now, I just can't seem to make it fit right.

The first time to get the rails down far enough to not have a fairly large gap, I was forced to move the clamps down under the lip inside the bed sides, which bent the lips down, and caused the rails to roll in. This made it to where the cover really didn't fit, it wouldn't always hit close proper and made it a pain to try to latch when it did fall into the rails correctly.

The second time mounting it, I put the clamps over the lip but that pushes the rails up to a point that puts a huge gap under the rail all the way around (Taking away any chance of making it water resistant).

I'm at a loss, I decided to check here before calling Bak.

I can take pictures if that would help, just not sure what else to do at this point, I'm mostly just annoyed, trying to figure out if I'm missing something. I've watched tons of videos, and read even more posts, and have yet to find anyone with this issue..

Quick Reply: Bakflip F1 Issue