3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4" lift on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
i r grunt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok let's take a look at my thought process, I see the spindles and I think it only lifts one end of my truck. Also if it does lift front n back which I'm sure it does...? What will I need to do with my spacers on the front of the truck? Take em out?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:28 PM
M.Wise

Just add blocks to the rear... to match...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:41 PM
s13_marine
Professional

When I did my truck, the difference between the front and back was exactly 4" So I just installed the spindles and it leveled me out perfect. But, most trucks vary... So yours probably wont be the same as mine. Jsut measure it.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Lol ok, thanks guys... took a lot of research cause I know nothing about trucks but I figured it out... ill buy the spindles, block set, something about u bolts? And new shock absorbers to raise up the rear.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Matt99
Champion

no. lol.

You need spindles to lift up the front. Look at them and you will see where they go. they will get you pretty close to level on their own, you might need a .5in block or so in the back to make it right. But the Ubolts hold the block on the leaf springs and axle.

The shocks do not need to be replaced and wont provide lift on a 2wd

Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Originally Posted by Matt99
no. lol.

You need spindles to lift up the front. Look at them and you will see where they go. they will get you pretty close to level on their own, you might need a .5in block or so in the back to make it right. But the Ubolts hold the block on the leaf springs and axle.

The shocks do not need to be replaced and wont provide lift on a 2wd
I didn't write that properly. I meant that the spindles would lift the front. And the ubolts and block would lift the back. My only concern about what you wrote is that I already added 2" to the front with my leveling kit. So wouldn't I need more then .5" block? I understand that the shocks won't provide lift, but won't I need longer ones in the back with that much lift anyway?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Matt99
Champion

ohh i didnt know you had 2" already. Okay lets see. How far away from level are you at this point? Im guessing about .75"? so you would need a 3" block to make up for the spindle, and then take away .75" to level from the spacer. So all in all, I think a 2" block (or get the lift shackles) would do what you want.

and with 2" blocks you dont need new shocks. the rear of your truck is designed to have more travel than the front and 2" is about the max you can go on lift without buying new ones. Stock 2500 4x4s (I dunno about 2wd) have a block in the back stock and their shocks would fit perfect if you happen to have one in a pick and pull around you

Old 03-25-2011, 06:20 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When I did my 6" Rough Country lift it came with 3" spindles and longer springs in the front and 3" blocks in the rear. That leveled me out pretty much.

Then I added 2.5" Daystar coil spacers in the front to lift my front end higher. I also added 3" shackles in the rear to lift it 3"

I hope this helps.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
i r grunt
Professional

Thanks all great help. It'd be nice if I could find a donor 2500 like you said but I doubt it... but yeah all in all I definitely understand what I'm trying to do a lot better now.

Quick Reply: 4" lift on my truck