3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alright I Debadged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:40 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright I Debadged!

alright, in a few minutes im going to go take off my RAM 1500 and hemi badges.. but

i want to remove the SLT badge under my 4x4 and replace it with the HEMI badge

what is the best way to re stick it?.. just double stick tape ?? or will that fall off after time

epoxy?

EDIT:

alright i finished debadgeing.. passanger side came off easy, just pour some GooGone and it practiacly just fell off.

on the other hand... the driver side was a total bitch, the dam tape really didnt want to be taken off.. it was really wierd. but alas.. i got it done with a some elbo grease..

here are pictures

this is what i wanted to do, take off the SLT badge and replace it with the 5.7 hemi badge that was located on the front fender.

id think it look alright

my final thought:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT LOOKS SLEAK, i totaly shud of done this along time ago

Old 06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Resticking Badges

I'd get all of the tape that is on the badge off, first. Then get thin double sided tape to put it back on. Use quality stuff like 3M, not el cheapo brand that will come of after a while.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:20 PM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

Forgive my ignorance, when you take the badges off, does that not take any paint off with it? OR is there a certain way to do it carefully? Good luck taking yours off!

Old 06-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Avanti
Captain

BlackAcid:

If you use double stick tape (3M, for example), you'll see the edges are not black and may wish to carefully go around them with a permanent magic marker, such as a "Sharpie" before install. As an option, I've installed emblems with black, hi-temp silicone with great success, especially under the hood (see pic), but they have to be held or taped in place for a while, if not on a fairly flat surface.

Oops, no pic--concrete guys are just now pouring a new apron all along my garage and I cannot get into it to take a picture. Duh!

Oh, well, it's a cool, custom-made, engine emblem. If it will stay on an intercooler for 8 years, it will hold-up on an exterior emblem--if you can keep it where you want it until it sets.

Good luck, Deeooood.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

woooooooooooo

Quick Reply: Alright I Debadged!