3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Amber REAR turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:49 PM
flipside
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amber REAR turn signals?

Just took delivery of my first new Ram last week: a Silver '05 standard cab, long box, Hemi 2500 4x4. Looked at everything else on the market, both new and used, and the Ram was by far the best choice in terms of comfort, appearance and $$$.

Anyway, I'm now looking for tail lights that have an amber or yellow lens or light for the turn signals. As a little background, I'd like to add warning strobes to the back end of the truck (I'm a contractor) - and red flashing lights aren't an option. I could add lights to the topper or under the bumper, but I've had problems with them getting dinged up, stolen or otherwise damaged. So, my interest is to put them in the tail lights - but I need an amber or yellow section to do this.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Default RE: Amber REAR turn signals?

get an orange highlighteR?

Old 06-30-2005, 09:16 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

You might we able to find some clear altezza's and mount a switchable yellow/orange strobe to the inside of the lens. Saw a demo Magnum that had strobes placed in the tailights in addition to the regular bulbs. Couldn't tell they were in there unless you were looking for them.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

I haven't found one yet but someone is making a led strip light that mounts just under the tailgate and above the bumper. A power plugs goes into your trailer plug so you have all light functions...really cool and really bright.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:38 AM
ram419

Do a web search for LINE OF FIRE LED TAILGATE LIGHT BAR and you'll get what you are looking for and they range in price from $49 - $99. I'm thinking make sure to get one that allows you to open the gate with no interferrence (ones that specfically say so).

Old 07-01-2005, 03:05 AM
ram419

A strobe kit would be your best bet for sure. You can find the kits at GALLS. Galls has the best warranty that I know of too.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:21 AM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

I'm thinking you'll probably have to go with something like this...

Euro Tail Lights

We've got an active poster on here, who's also a sponsor.. He goes by the name of TruckXpressions.. Perhaps you can PM him and see if he's got anything you'd be interested in or maybe he make some calls to see if anything like that is even available yet.. Good Luck!

Old 07-03-2005, 02:19 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Why not just put a flasher in where the reverse lights go. You can buy one of the small stick type flashers and just drill a hole and goop it up to prevent moisture. It will get the color and brightness you want.

Quick Reply: Amber REAR turn signals?