3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*****Please Read..Guide to Where to POST!!!*****

Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default *****Please Read..Guide to Where to POST!!!*****

Okay, it seems that there are lots of threads being moved lately due to lack of knowledge or unsureness??
Please take the time to read through this post which will hopefully sort out the confusion.

I just want to remind everyone including newcomers that the 3rd Gen Ram Main section(where this is posted...if you weren't sure) is dedicated for TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ONLY. It should be labeled Technical but it isn't. I know this is confusing to some and that is why I am posting this up.

The GENERAL DISCUSSION is for all NON-OEM and NON mechanical/electrical related.

I'll give some examples of what goes where so you can get an idea.

We are HERE-->Technical: (ALL OEM RELATED ISSUE'S)
-electrical problems with the truck
-mechanical problems
-how-to fix something
-what tools are needed for this job
-what bulb do I need
-My back window is leaking
-I have a knocking sound
-I have codes

General Discussion Go HERE(NON-OEM RELATED + NOT technical)
-ANY MPG questions*
-mod list
-asking someone's opinion on a mod
-check out my wheels tires
-which wheels tires look good(Fitment? Look HERE)
-1/4mile times or ANY video of a race
-what tuner should I get
-Any pics that show off your work(unless the pics are for a how-to thread)
-This VS That when talking about ANYTHING, even comparing OEM stuff such as X suspension. vs Y suspension. WHY? Because it's not a technical problem you are faced with. It's a personal preference.

Got aftermarket radio problems or need info. Please visit the Audio/visual Electronics area. If you posted up a question and you feel it's been neglected due to user inactivity, throw a post up in the General Section with a link to the actual thread in the audio area and I will lock the General thread so it's not being used as your technical discussion. All of your issue's need to be dealt with in the appopriate sections.

*MPG threads. If you want to know more about the terrible fuel economy these ginormous 6,000lb+ tanks get. Post up in general discussion. The ONLY EXCEPTION to this would be that your truck runs really rough, you got literally 5-6mpg's and are throwing codes. Then there is a problem and the title most likely WON'T be about mpg's but rather...bad running.. Trucks that run even OKAY and idle smooth most likely have NOTHING wrong with it other than maybe lack of a tune-up.

Last but not least...Please use a specific TITLE to your thread. Don't put up..newbie here and have questions. Instead, put; I have questions suspension/exhaust. Using a title that doesn't promote your problem may deter several members from opening up to post an answer for fear of wasted time. I'm being serious. Do you click on every single thread, or do your title search to see what you know about or need?
Examples;
DON'T do generics.......--->.............DO detailed(when possible)
suspension question.....--->.........clunk in my suspension
suspension question.....--->.........shocks don't fit..what to do?
muffler problem...........--->.........muffler fitment and procedure needed
front shocks...............--->........my shocks are leaking oil

This all in place to keep everything sorted and make things much easier to find. I understand not everyone is as sure where to place threads as members who have been here longer. All I'm asking is for you to do your best and put forth the effort. If you are unsure where to post, I don't want you to fear of getting in trouble so just do your best. This will make the search function much better too and it really won't take much time at all to build up a good search history!

You can PM me for anything, anytime.
Thanks,
DD

The following 4 users liked this post by dirtydog:
bmt54 (09-24-2022), BOBODIV (12-14-2021), cheffrank_357 (11-06-2020), Smitty1500 (03-19-2022)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *****Please Read..Guide to Where to POST!!!*****