3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck finished for now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck finished for now...

I'm out of time and have done all the mods on the Ram that I could before heading out of town with it. Here's the finished "product."

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/07454DC71CDB45A4933FD619E23E5B67.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Bruce
Professional
Default RE: Truck finished for now...

Looks great[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-05-2005, 05:35 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

What are you thinking with those rims? What mods do you have?

Old 07-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Avanti
Captain

HEMI_n_Cali:

Ah yes, the quick, easy, cheap wheel mod... Well, the truth is they are a stopgap, in a sense. They are just the stock ST wheels with the centers and caps painted semi-gloss black. When the paint cures I intended to paint the stock light gray rim areas with chrome paint. Of course, they won't look like chrome, but with a decent spray they'll mimic aluminum pretty well.

I'll probably go out one more vertical surface with black, now that I've seen it as is. I painted up to the "break line" where the two pieces are welded together because it was quick and easy to do a reasonable masking job. As noted I ran out of time for now (that's why I didn't go with traditional Salt Flats racer Moon discs).

I don't know what it is with ALL manufacturers' love affair with cheapo-looking (imho) gray painted wheels. The wheels can be steel or aluminum, on a $9K Hyundai (sp?) or a $225K Aston and eveything in between. I like polished rims and the centers painted to match the car or black. I've spent an inordinate amount of time over the years stripping, polishing, and painting aluminum wheels (the example below started out the usual dirty gray--yuck).

I sometimes think it would be nice to be one of those who can simply drive something off the lot and never think about how it "should be." Yeah, right.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/C6C579F154064A97A3C1A644E90EF7F9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Truck finished for now...