3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ding remover

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
nytstker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ding remover

Is there such a proceedure which takes dings out of the body? I just got one from a car door . It is only noticeble from an angle but an eye sore never the less. Any body know?
Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/17499/7FC5B1B7DC9F4B1F8D726A6D333272B6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: ding remover

Paintless ding removal works really well when it can be used. You might find them (Such as Ding Dr. or Dent Dr., etc.) in the Yellow Pages under auto repair. Or on-line (google, as always) depending on where you are. Another option, check with someone for hail repair. Your insurance agent might give you someone. Or, simply go ask your dealer. They often have a person who comes by periodically to deal with the usual wear and tear on new and used cars. They can give the guy a call for you or give you his/her number.

My new truck (last month) had a little ding on the top of the left front fender I didn't notice til I washed and waxed it. They had the guy come in and within 15 minutes one would never know it had ever been there.

All the best.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
HedleyLamarr
Professional

I have a nice door ding in my passenger door....I took it to some place and they wanted 100 bucks to take it out

no thanks...it's a truck...it has character now

Old 07-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Avanti
Captain

Well, duh...

Of course, people who repair dings for a living aren't going to do it for free! Sheesh!

Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM
DonG
Veteran

Dealer is an excellent source for paintless dent removal. My dealer has someone come in 2x a week. They gave me his name and I arrange it through him but have the work done on the dealers lot. He charges me the same as he does the dealer. Had 4 door dings removed for $125. Couldn't tell they had ever been there.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

About $25-35 per ding is the going rate around our dealer unless it is minor. You'd be surprised at the work they can do.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:07 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for a "Paintless Dent Removal" shop. Like Don said, they can be really reasonable.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

My girls were riding their bikes in the driveway maybe 3 days after I bought my truck. Ofcourse, they didnt listen to Dad .. and put a nice ding on the bottom of the drivers side rear door. If it were anyone else I would probably have had a stroke due to the sudden increase in blood pressure [sm=icon_flaming.gif] but they're just too cute. In fact, came in the house crying and apologizing.

Hurray for Advance Auto .. or may it was Pep boys. At any rate, basically, a suction cup took it out for less then $20.

Quick Reply: ding remover