3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

broken re-circulation door questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 PM
BlueRam06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken re-circulation door questions

Only had my Ram for 2 weeks and the re-circ door just went last night, crappy timing. I saw all the posts about this but no answers to my questions so asking away.
I removed the broken door and now I have good air flow from all the vents but wondering if I will have any problems by always having fresh air mode and no re-circ mode as far as fogging windows or the a/c icing up on humid days. I read that 100's of people just removed the door and lived with it but never saw any follow up posts if there were any problems by leaving the door out.
The guys at heatertreater said the computer may get confused without having a re-circ door and that the a/c can ice up and stop working on humid days or foggy windows in winter so just wondering if anyone removed the broken re-circ door and ever had any problems running it with out the door.thanks

Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

AFAIK, the recirc door is open during defrost anyway. As for the icing up when it's humid...I've had that happen before, and my recirc door works just fine. It's humid as **** here in Texas though.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:27 PM
BlueRam06

thanks...I will keep it as is and see what happens...if I have problems I will try to get the door taped back up in the external vent so I will always have re-circulated air..

Quick Reply: broken re-circulation door questions