3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power lock problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power lock problems

I am having troubles trying to figure out how to get my power locks working on the drivers side front and rear door i pulled back the boots and there are no broken wires so i am having electrical problems somewhere else and have no idea where to find it. i got power to the unlock wire on both and no power to the unlocks is there a modual somewhere that could be burnt out?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Most guys either see the wires broken or pinched in the boot like you were looking for or the door latch assembly module itself quits. I replaced mine in my front drivers door and it was the module that died.

Parts Manuals are in my sig link

Old 06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks had that problem with the back passenger door in the boot. drivers side i just figured out too. the splice that leads to the back door is right under the foot panel at the door and it got all coroded and when i went to untape the splice it broke apart. must say what a dumb spot to stick a splice. by the looks of the other wires in the back doors soon ill be needing all new door harness'

Quick Reply: Power lock problems