3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans slips on cold starts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM
IOVMatrix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans slips on cold starts.

So lately IVe been noticing a define lag only on cold starts between when I put the truck in gear and when it actually decides to move. On cold starts in the morning or any time of day I Put it in Drive or reverse then normally I just let it Idle down the drive way because it can usually push it self along pretty well. But now Its almost like its in neutral when in drive. The motor revs to 5000 rpms and it starts moving a little and then slowly over about 45 seconds or more after doing that it starts moving like normal. IT almost like the Torque Converter is slipping at first and then it engages and goes. Also Ive been noticing a lot less power then normal as well. Im not sure but could this be caused by. a trans filter? Ive checked the trans oil level and it was well within range. I need some help here on where to go and look first

Last edited by IOVMatrix; 06-19-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Trans slips on cold starts.