3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Riddle me this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 AM
lookintododge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Riddle me this?

Hello all,

I found this somehwat interesting so i thought id share it with my fellow dodge delinquents.

To make a long sotry short i have an 07 ram 1500 and had been running HID's for over a year, in that time i had to have the TIPM flashed to get the passengers side headlight to work again. So on this last incident i removed the HID's all together, i miss them but not the headache. Anyway this morning I started my truck and it gave me the dreaded ding so i looked at the cluster expecting to see a check engine or something equally as horrible but to my (pleasant) suprise i see a "low washer" light on my odometer readout. I have read many posts on here about people seeing messages on their dashes however i have never had one, and the fluid has been empty before. im wondering if the re-flash could have added this feature or unlocked it? Just thought id sharesome good news for once. I would love to hear any input because i wouldnt think the TIPM would have anything to do with such a thing.

take it easy
scott

Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If the fluid was low before and it did not happen then it was likely a fluke. I dont see where flashing the truck causes the sensor to work or not

Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weedahoe
If the fluid was low before and it did not happen then it was likely a fluke. I dont see where flashing the truck causes the sensor to work or not
Unless you're wearing a raincoat.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

HID's WILL cause the tipm problem because when it detects a fault so many times in a row, it'll shut that circuit off for protection. The sesnor thing is a different story.

Can't go to the dealer looking for a tipm flash to solve your problems each time there is a problem. It's only for certain things.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:53 PM
lookintododge

Yeah im well versed at how the TIPM works and what it does. I tested the wiring in the HID's and was able to find an issue which helped me conclude that the TIPM was the issue. However the main point of this post was the message I got later, im old school so i still fix everything myself, and avoid "running" to the stealership as much as possible. As far as a fluke, i agree, its just strange that it has "fluked" so many times . The washer resv. has been low and empty many times.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You may have been low, but maybe not completely out. unplug your sensor and see if the light comes on.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:32 PM
contractors Hemi
Rookie

After changing mine the radio stays on till you open the door, never did that before. As well it kills one daytime running light when you put the indicator on. This is also new after the tpim sway.

Quick Reply: Riddle me this?