3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sagging passenger visor FIXED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 PM
ckapp
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sagging passenger visor FIXED!

Hey all I was having the issue where the passenger visor won't go all the way up to the ceiling and sags down when it is out of the clip. I thought maybe loosening a screw might help to relieve the tension and ended up removing all three. I noticed that the screws are actually arranged so that the visor can be mounted incorrectly, and by rotating the mount counter-clockwise and rescrewing it in it works great! So i'm going to attribute this to some einstein on the assmebly line putting them on wrong, and maybe they should have designed it to fit on in just one way. Hope this saves somebody from replacing their visor!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 PM
slimvela
Professional

ah how i wish it were that easy for me. the plastic sleeve is what cracked so there is nothing for the rod to 'grab' onto anymore, hence the ever-down sunvisor for my passenger.

if you have ever worked on visors you know what I speak of. if not, open one up and see what I speak of.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 PM
ckapp
Amateur

on mine when i'd pop it loose to cover the passenger side window the hook would pop out but it wouldn't come off all the way. The visor was under so much preassure and bowing alot i wouldn't be surprised if it would crack eventually

Quick Reply: Sagging passenger visor FIXED!