3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Hemi - Rubbing sound in Engine Compartment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
hpdr345
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Hemi - Rubbing sound in Engine Compartment.

I have a 2004 QC Hemi Ram. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I detailed it and cleaned the engine compartment. Ever since I can hear a rubbing sound coming from the engine compartment. I checked and nothing is noticeable. I am also having an issue with the truck starting. I got in my truck Yesterday morning started it up and it died immediately. I waited about 1 min. And then it started up fine. Upon leaving work, after the truck had set in the parking lot for 8 hours, it sis the same thing. Any one got any ideas. I scheduled to take it to the Dealer on Sat. Hoping something I could do myself. Thanks in advanced.

D

Old 07-16-2005, 03:05 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional
Default RE: 04 Hemi - Rubbing sound in Engine Compartment.

Since by the time you read this it will be saturday im probably too late. I think when cleaning you must have knocked something lose and not known. Or if you used any kind of cleaner, some cleaners mess up the electrics on the new vehicles. It happened to me in the past. I had to unplug the battery and plug it back in. If something's lose theyll find it at the dealorship, i just would hate having to pay 100 bucks or so for them to find something thats lose. P.S. post what they find wrong, when you find out incase i run into your problem keeping my engine bay clean.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:39 PM
hpdr345
Default RE: 04 Hemi - Rubbing sound in Engine Compartment.UPDATE

I took my truck to the dealership to find out what the rubbing sound was and why it was stalling. The dealership could not find anything with the engine nise. They say they can't hear it. They say it sounds perfectly normal. As for the Stalling when I would start it...They told me that there was an update to the computer that was for the Idling contrl sensors. Service technician called and told me that my Throtle body was dirty and full of black soot and grime. They charged me 100 to clean it out. Runs a little better. I don't know. Thought I would share.

D

Quick Reply: 04 Hemi - Rubbing sound in Engine Compartment.