3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 2500: ABS/Brake/Engine light on - Speedometer not working... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Enauerth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 2500: ABS/Brake/Engine light on - Speedometer not working... HELP

So, yesterday I installed an aftermarket license plate light. While doing so o accidentally touched the +/- wires together, which one was tapped onto the license plate wire. Brief spark, but now my ABS Light, Break Light, Check Engine Light are on on the dash, but Speedometer and Cruise Control don't work. I have checked all fuses, and disconnected battery to reset everything-no luck. HELP!!! What is the fix?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 AM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never touched no wires together or anything, but I had the same happen with my truck. I scanned the codes with my Superchips tuner and it said that my rear wheel speed/abs sensor was erratic in performance. It is located on top of the rear differential. I changed that out, and all my lights went out and my speedo worked. It's a very cheap sensor so it's worth a try! Or get it scanned for codes.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Enauerth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIXED: After reading a post from someone stating that some of the spots in the fuse box that are labeled "spare" not actually being spare fuses, I replaced those that I had used to plug the marker light fuses that were popped. Viola!!! Everything works now!!!

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 2500: ABS/Brake/Engine light on - Speedometer not working... HELP