3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MIL light on

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Chris_03_Hemi_4X4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIL light on

Did the TMR delete and threw a check engine light, had it scanned yesterday and came up IAT sensor. I also have a power wire installed. Anybody else ever have this issue when doing these 2 mods.

Chris

Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I dont have an 03 so I cant to the TMR but I do have the power wire and no CEL/MIL. Check the connection to the IAT and the associated wiring. If all looks good then remove the p/w and reset the PCM and see what you get. If all works well then later try reconnecting the p/w and see what you get.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

TMR mod has nothing to do with the IAT sensor. The powerwire does though. It's just a resistor that fools the computer into thinking the air temperature entering the intake is cooler than what it really is which puts more fuel into the engine. If it happened right after the TMR mod, did you reset the computer? That prob caused a coincidental engine light.

For next time, please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. thank you.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Chris_03_Hemi_4X4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the wiring and everything looks good. I ran the power wire for several months no CEL but it poped on right after the TMR delete. IM wondering if maybe like another member somebody crossed a wire on the harness but I was under the impression that the harness on the fender wall was only a TCM. Im gonna try a few other things this weekend and see if I can get it to go away.
My apologies Dirtydog. I had originally posted on the other thread about the CEL but when I had it scanned I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to thread jack that one.

Chris

Quick Reply: MIL light on