3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with ticking

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
jcreek23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with ticking

Hey im new to this and i just have a couple questions i just bought a 2002 ram 1500 4wd 5 speed it runs and drives great and dont leak any fluids but when you first start it in the morning it has a small clicking sound to it for about 30 secs then goes away and its not heard for the rest of the day just when it sets over night anyone know what this might be? and also i was installing a led line of fire light and i cant get it to work with the park lights on it works great when they park/headlights are off but once you turn them on it just turns into an extra running light

Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcreek23
Hey im new to this and i just have a couple questions i just bought a 2002 ram 1500 4wd 5 speed it runs and drives great and dont leak any fluids but when you first start it in the morning it has a small clicking sound to it for about 30 secs then goes away and its not heard for the rest of the day just when it sets over night anyone know what this might be? and also i was installing a led line of fire light and i cant get it to work with the park lights on it works great when they park/headlights are off but once you turn them on it just turns into an extra running light
The ticking is normal providing it goes away.
As for the light, where are you getting power from for this light? Are you using a chassis ground?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 PM
jcreek23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My truck has a 4 way trailer plug underneath, the light was made to plug directly in to the 4 way but i have a 7 way plug on my bumper that i pull an enclosed trailer with so i couldnt just use the plug so i spilced in to the wiring harness on the side closest to the engine, i thought about maybe just going to the taillight wires and trying to splice in there any suggestions would be great

Quick Reply: Help with ticking