3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hmm. Heatercore being replaced. Dash crumbling apart?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
chris015
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm. Heatercore being replaced. Dash crumbling apart?

Well,nothing has happened yet. Last year my heatercore started leaking and it was starting to warm up so i just bypassed it. Well its starting to get a little chilly so its time to have it replaced. I stopped by a shop that does the work i dont wanna do. He warned before hand that earlier rams dashes fall apart. Well i did some research and found tons of complaints of the dashes litterally crumbling apart. My dash has 1 small crack,otherwise heathly. At least im not gonna push on it lol. So is there a recall yet on this? if not where can i get a replacement? Ive searched around and all i can find is abs plastic dash covers that cover the old dash,and carpet covers.

Any ideas,help etc is appreciated. This thread might help others too!

Oh yea..2003 ram 1500. 5.7

Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge had problems with the dash falling apart from around 1997-2003.
Since your's is an 03, that's why it broke.
LMC sells OEM replacement dashes. You can also get a ABS plastic dash from genosgarage for like $350.
Good luck.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Lucius
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my heater core replaced and my dash crumbled when they took it off, I didn't even think it was cracked that bad. I have known the guys at the shop my whole life and they are good to go so I know they didn't pull one over on me. Don't even ask what it costs to replace all of the dash pieces. Total with heater core was something like $1300. if I remember right.

Quick Reply: Hmm. Heatercore being replaced. Dash crumbling apart?