3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

strange place for electrical plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 AM
bales12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange place for electrical plug

I was putting running boards on my 2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 and noticed an electrical plug under the floor board on the drivers side with several wires going to it. It seems strange to have it exposed to the weather under the truck.(slush water and salt in the winter) Should this plug have a boot or something to protect it from weather? I'm having some elect. issues (wipers speeding up and slowing down in rain and turn signals not working some times) and was wondering if this plug getting water in it could have anything to do with it.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wipers & turn signal problem will the the switch stalk. They get old and start working poorly or not at all.

I can't offer any help on the plug though.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture of this plug?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:59 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bales12
I was putting running boards on my 2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 and noticed an electrical plug under the floor board on the drivers side with several wires going to it. It seems strange to have it exposed to the weather under the truck.(slush water and salt in the winter) Should this plug have a boot or something to protect it from weather? I'm having some elect. issues (wipers speeding up and slowing down in rain and turn signals not working some times) and was wondering if this plug getting water in it could have anything to do with it.
Bales,

While exposed wires could certainly cause problems some of those vehicles had a problem with the multi-function switch that may be your turn signal, wiper issue. I know there was a TSB but I cannot find it at the moment. Not aware of any plugs that would be exposed under the floorboard of the vehicle. Where some aftermarket parts added? If you can send a picture or indicate where the wires lead I may be able to identify it for you if it is not an aftermarket add on.

Quick Reply: strange place for electrical plug