3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Ram 5.7 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 PM
sterlinglawn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Ram 5.7 Check Engine Light

A few days ago, my check engine light came on. It flashes at times and is solid at times. Flashing mostly when accelerating and then solid at idle. Original code came up as p0335 so I have ordered a crank position sensor. Truck has been misfiring at times daily and really bogged down temporarily at highway speed. Today I checked the codes again again and I got a 0315 (crank position sensor not learned), 0300 (multiple cylinder misfire), and 0303 (cylinder #3 Misfire). The crank sensor is going in Monday. Are the later codes a by product of the original problem or can I be looking at a serious issue here? Any thoughts on where I go from here? Hoping that I have no serious cylinder/valve damage. I also did plugs and wires when I first noticed the misfires. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
ehlersa
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would seem to me that if the crank sensor was bad, then that would be the issue causing it to misfire and cause the other codes. Have you gotten the sensor installed? Reply back if the problem goes away or if you still have one after you've got it in. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ram 5.7 Check Engine Light