3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help on replacing stolen wheels......

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Al from Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on replacing stolen wheels......

Hi Guys........brand new to these forums........looking forward to spending time here.

Just got a Ram Daytona 4 door/4x4 two weeks ago......someone stole the wheels/tires off of it the other night in the underground parking.
Currently waiting to see a couple of wheel samples from a wheel shop in town but a bit concerned about the offset.

Does anyone know the offset of the original wheels? I've looked every where on the Internet I can think of and haven't come up with it;
I don't expect a dealer would know.

Any help? Thanks.......

Old 07-26-2005, 04:56 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional
Default RE: Need help on replacing stolen wheels......

I beieve the 20x9 inch wheels that come on the rams have 5 inches of backspacing. Thats what I've read on here from people buying aftermarket wheels. Also a tire store should be able to tell you what it is for your truck. It's what they do for a living. Good luck, sorry to hear about your loss!!

Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: Need help on replacing stolen wheels......

The backside setting on my stock 17x7's is 5-inches. I've been doing additional painting on my stock ST wheels and have just measured them. It's hard to believe they would have put all the extra width of the 20's to the outside, but that may be correct. However, the last I saw here on the Forum was several requests (one was mine) for the backside setting of the 20's, but no one had actually measured and posted.

All the best.

Quick Reply: Need help on replacing stolen wheels......