3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which engine, head, intake combination

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
brusk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which engine, head, intake combination

2007 1500 QC 5.7 2WD
I have a lot of parts that I acquired for over the years for cheap and know some places I could possibly get deals on. I have 6.1 crank, rods, pistons, cam, headers, spare 5.7 engine minus pistons. Current mods are Air Intake, long tube headers, catback, predator and a truetrac LSD. I'm wanting to get the most that I can with obviously spending the least amount of money. I was thinking for a truck the best setup would be 6.1 (me buying a 6.1 block to go with the internals I have) paired with 5.7 heads and unsure of which intake if it would work was thinking about the 09+ multi runner to have more low and high end (I have not researched this intake at all yet). The problem I'm now seeing is the compression ratio will drop quite a bit. I was going to have the heads completely redone with new valve guides, same size valves but valve jobed and a mild port. Would it be worth trying to have a head shop lower the CC's of the 5.7 to increase the compression ratio. Anybody have any thoughts again I'm trying to keep enough low end power and not have all high end like the factory 6.1 has.

Quick Reply: Which engine, head, intake combination