3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

heating problem 02 ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 PM
theice
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy heating problem 02 ram

replaced the rad with a new one put a new water pump on and new thermostat and flushed the engine block now it blows very hot air on passenger side of truck and luke warm on drivers side of truck what could be the problem thx

Old 10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

That's going to be the infamous 'blend door' problem inherent to our trucks. And there's no easy fix, the entire dash needs to be removed (and since you have an 02 as well I'm betting your dash is in bad shape like mine) I have the same problem too, AC blows cold on drivers side and warm on passenger side (it's funny with the heat as well but it's been so long since I've used the heater I can't remember).

Do a search for 'blend door' and you'll see a bunch of threads, somewhere I saw one that was full of pictures and that made me realize I'll be dealing with this problem for a long time. I mean the entire dash has to come out, steering wheel down on the ground, interior unrecognizable. FWIW that guy had fixed every blend door is his truck (I think there's 4 or 6 different ones) so his repair was a major tear down and replace project. I think the only 'door' that is easy to get to is the recirculate / fresh air blend door, that one usually falls on the blower motor and blocks most air flow all the time and you reach up behind the glove box area to pull that one out.
search for 'blend door' or 'recirc door'

Old 10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
theice
Professional

i dont think its the blend door because if i turn off the blower and wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on the drivers side will blow real hot for a couple of seconds then gradurally go to luke warm but the passenger side blows real hot and this only does this out of the vents the defroster and bottom holes all work

Quick Reply: heating problem 02 ram