3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another window question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Calvert
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another window question

OK so i know that the dodge electronic window system is god aweful. Like i have said i can handle the little crap going wrong (ac vent, grab pillar, cracked dash, etc...) as long as the truck runs and drives forever. With those frustrations being vented here is the problem i am having. None of my windows were working from the door switches only from the drivers side door. I took apart the assembly and cleaned it up real well and it just wasnt a steady fix. Would work for a bit then stop. So i decided to disable the window lock together and jump the power wire to solve the issue. That worked like a charm and i was very happy with the fix. Now this weekend out of no where i am unable to control the passenger front window. However you can still roll it down from their door (this leads me to believe not a fuse). I pulled out the assembly and all the wires are in tact and everything else works fine. Anyone got any ideas here? These little things are driving me nuts.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

This is how I "fixed" my switch when I finally got around to it.

Name:  windowlockoutfix.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  83.9 KB

I'm assuming you did something similar. My fix has worked for a few months now trouble free. The only thing I can think of is another section of the internal circuitry is failing inside the drivers switch.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Calvert
Rookie

Thanks, yeah i actually used your post to get the idea on how to fix mine. This exactly what i did. Im thinking its about that time to order a whole new switch assembly. sucks but i dont see another choice, i just hope that solves the problem.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Calvert
Thanks, yeah i actually used your post to get the idea on how to fix mine. This exactly what i did. Im thinking its about that time to order a whole new switch assembly. sucks but i dont see another choice, i just hope that solves the problem.
You could actually fix the switch...

Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Yeah I'm sure it's the switch, there's apparently a lot of fragile circuitry in there. If you remember from my original post when I first jumpered those two wires together and didn't even have them hooked up to the switch, the drivers door didn't work for any window, but the other doors worked on their own. So I guess that all four window controls from the drivers side still go thru the circuitry for the lockout switch.
Rockauto has the switches for $126 AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S4109
I looked on wholesalemopar.com but they are not at all descriptive on that website, so I don't even know if they are the right parts or not.

On dodgepartsmopar.com they list a "window switch, Ram 1500, left, quad cab" list price $141, sale price of $88. But with no part # or picture to identify it. I have a feeling that's the right part...

Last edited by Caseys-dodge; 11-16-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: updated
Old 11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So fix the switch for $.50

Quick Reply: Another window question