3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino Liners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:03 PM
jgbn444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Liners...

anyone have rhino liner on their truck, i was thinking about getting it instead of a traditional bedliner but i don't know anyone who has it to ask their impressions of it.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rhino Liners...

I know it's not what your asking about, but I have Line-x in my bed, and down the rocker panels of my truck and I absolutely love the stuff.

even though it is black, in direct sunlight the Line-x stuff is still cooler to the touch then the metal of my truck! With the rocker panels I know MANY rocks and loads of debris has nailed this stuff and it still looks like it was sprayed just the other day. I have pictures in my gallery for your viewing pleasure. I'll take some pics soon to show what the rocker panels look like after about 6000 miles.

One nice thing about Line-x is the nation wide warranty. if something happens and the liner is dammaged, I can take it anywhere in the US and have it resprayed.

I looked at rhino liner, but just from the feel, warranty, and way it is sprayed on Line-x has a better product.

yea, I guess I just gave Line-x a nice little plug there. "Ding"

Old 07-29-2005, 05:22 PM
imeh

How much did the Line-X cost you, just for the bed

Old 07-29-2005, 05:28 PM
grayhemi
Professional

I just had mine Line-Xed and it was $449 for under the rail, an extra $50 for them to come over the rail with it.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:40 PM
imeh

Thanks, does anyone know the cost of Rhino?

Old 07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Limedust
Professional

I had a Rhino Liner in my former Dodge Dakota (2000, Sport CC, 4.7L, 4x4).
I have a Line-X Liner in my new Dodge Ram (2005, SLT 1500 QC, 5.7L, 4x4).

The Rhino Liner cost me around $400 (5 years ago) for over-the-rails. I got the Line-X for the dealer purchase price of $375 + tax for over-the-rails.

I had absolutely nothing to complain about with the Rhino Liner. I dragged refrigerators, washers, dryers, everything across it and did not tear the liner. It didn't peel either, though that has more to do with the preparation of the truck bed by the installer, and that goes for any spray-in liner. The only thing that happened to the liner was that it faded over time from being in the sun, and I understand that there are products you can buy to restore the sheen.

I do like the texture of the Line-X Liner a little bit more. I understand that it is does not fade as quickly or as much as a Rhino Liner, but other than that the two aren't that much different aside from texture.

I suggest going by each dealer and seeing what the newly sprayed vehicles in the parking lot look like, and choose to go with your favorite.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Defintely go with the Line-X.

Old 07-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Bruce
Professional

I have the rhino liner in mine,it cost $557 over the rails,this is in California and the tax is high

Old 08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
RamRough

Line x here. as i understand it, the linex has its uv protectant throughout the coating where as the rhinos is topcoated . Anyhow i paid 470 for over the rail last august. nice stuff. not much slides back there. metal gas cans and empty coolers are all i can think of. cardboard doesnot slide. cant speakof the rhino personally but i bet that would be my second choice. i like the idea that it is a little softer and has a little more give.
Oh and as far as bedliners, they say spray ons will allow dents easier than a drop in. i have a couple in there but wether a drop in wouldnt have dented i cant say. if thats a problem then i would suggest a rubber mat over the spray in. I worked in the back of a hardware store loading up trucks and what not. the best looking trucks always had the sprayin. Course the guys we got back there usually were trying to make a buck with their truck and didnt give one iota about looks. the one contractor had a red dakota with a drop in and we looked under one day. All I have to say is if you have pride in your truck and yet still want to use it, possibly resell it one day, go for spray on. Also, cant beat that nationwide warranty.

Todate i have had a load of wood in the back ( suspect thats what dented the bed, well more from me throwing 80lb logs in there, not just from them sitting in there... D-oh!), 3 loads of dirt (1 ton each), my mountainbike, my muddy quad and ramp, a bed full of camping gear, and numerous loads to the dump. All that and its still looks great after i hose it out! oh and my german shepard mix too. hes 100lbs and has some claws on him! i can hear him sometimes scrambling for footing when i take a bend too fast for having him back there! (BTW he is securly mounted via harness and ratchet strap which still allows plenty of movement for his tounge and drool to slober up the sides of the truck and window. got tired of all the dog hair inside and its summer now. but really opening up the dash and finding his hair behind there was too much. damn shedding!)
Anyhow I dont think you can go wrong with either company.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
IronWolf

Just got Line X, Ran me 500 with over the rails (+50$). I love it! No experience with Rhino.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liners...