3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is there a easy way to get heat by my feet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
RCN4HIM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a easy way to get heat by my feet?

Searched all the blend door related topics and all I want is defrost and heat by my feet. Is there a way to place the necessary doors in this position without tearing the dash apart and not investing any money into a piece of junk truck that is dying a slow death?

Been without foot heat for 2 years on my 06 QC Hemi 4X4

Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard! That sucks about your issues. If anyone can help you fixem our gurus here can. They've saved my **** dozens of times and brought me back from a 07 1500 disaster to an 06 3500 kick **** truck.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't say "easy" but it can be done. One way or another, you're going to have to do a tear-down to get to the unit though. You'll need to get to the doors, probably glue the tabs back together (depending on how they broke), place them in the position you want, then remove the wiring from their motors so they don't try to move and break again. It's a pain no matter how you look at it.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

The specific door in question is called the Mode-2 door. It directs air flow between the floor vents and defrost vents. That door normally fails in the defrost position so the windows can stay clear. go to heatertreater.net and browse thru their website. they have advice and techniques to replace the doors with out a complete dash tear-out.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
brad m
Rookie

Buy the updated stops and replace the broken door if u cant glue it. just fix it right. It is not hard to pull the dash and heater box out.

Quick Reply: Is there a easy way to get heat by my feet?