3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake Light Still need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 PM
JDG103
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh also when i went to auto zone to put the comp to it...no codes came up

Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Jak
Amateur

I am having the same issue. My abs and brake light came on. My speedo and heat went out. Not sure wht I is either. My engine light is bringing ujp the p0500 code which is the speed sensor. Replaced both the rear diff and the tranny sensors. Reset and still no fix. I also checked my wires visibly ad found nothing wrong. What did the stealership say the second time and is your heat and speedo out as well? I haven't been there yet but think I should go c wht they can find.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 PM
JDG103
Veteran

Yea my heat went low cuz my fan clutch went out but thats why...the stealership has me down for an appt on the 2nd

Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Jak
Amateur

so everything i am hearing is that it is the abs module. read a thread on another site where a guy was speaking with an actual dodge mechaninc. he had all the same problems, did all the same fixes we both have, including draining and refilling his rear diff and no change. mechanic said it is in the abs module. my neighbor said he had a 2002 volvo that the same thing happened too. he replaced his sensors and no change. his mechanic told him it would b like 2000 to replace the module. he declined, came home and removed the module. after inspecting it with a magnifying glass he noticed hair line cracks around the solder points. once he restored them he said the issue was fixed and never came back. this is what i will be doing tomorrow. another thing i found is that your actual fuse box can be corroded underneath causing these issues. hope this helps and let me know what you find out on the second please.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 PM
broncoremy
Professional

JDG and Jak,

Did you guys get your rides fixed? What happened?

This was also covered in:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-change-6.html

Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM
superman78221

Originally Posted by JDG103
oh also i have a superchip 3865 and have it tuned to towing performance. but i never changed the tire size. i dont kow if this info would help also
I had the same problem for a year. Brake light and abs light would randomly come and go. I replaced my rear sensor but the problem was still there. Finally tired of all the warning dings I waited till the lights came on and hooked up my superchip 3815 and pulled 2 dtc codes c1008 & c1009. Brake fluid low & high resistance. Apparently the master cylinder reservoir has a sensor that goes bad. I replaced the reservoir for about 60 bucks from the dealership and the problem has finally been solved. It took a while of driving around with my 3815 for the lights to come and finally pull a code but it was worth it. Hope this helps I know how annoying it can be.

Quick Reply: ABS and Brake Light Still need help