3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Hestitating at Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM
03Ram Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine Hestitating at Acceleration

New to the Forum 2003 Ram Quad 5.7L SLT.

I have fault codes P0144 (for about 8 months on/off), then I started getting P0132 recently. I changed the plugs in August after accumulating ~68K miles (thought they were longer life plugs till I looked into, used the OE Champion plugs). I have read about both codes and have become somewhat knowledgible on these but have an additional symtom as well. I replaced the battery a few years ago and since then the alternator indicator needle has not rested on the center of the display. It seems to have gotten to the point where I turn the ignition on the needle moves about a 1/4 of the way in the discharge window, then once I start and run the vehicle, it clearly goes to the charge side and stays there. The vehicle starts fine. Could the O2 be due to over voltage and either the battery has a bad cell or the alternator could be bad. Could this be associated with the engine hesitation? The hesitation is happening always now where it was intermittent originally.

Quick Reply: Engine Hestitating at Acceleration