3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Factory command start = heated seats

Old 12-26-2011, 04:58 AM
szyryji
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Factory command start = heated seats

Hi I was wondering if anybody knew how to turn on the heated seats when you use the factory command start? It sucks getting into a truck with cold leather seats in the winter?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:06 AM
lyndo
Rookie

I was wondering the same thing a little while ago and after searching forums I don't think its possible without the use of some relays and other things, pretty sure you can't just buy a module or take it to the dealer and get them to program it. I didn't find anyone who had actually done it but everyone seemed to agree that it was possible if you were handy enough with that kind of thing.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

The only way I think it would be possible is possibly by using a toggle switch and bypassing the factory button. But this would mean you would also have to wire it to something that turns on and off with the truck like the radio. This way you would not need to turn it off every time you turn the truck off, but at the same time if you get warm you could turn it off. Although I want to do it I don't think I'd want to risk it. I'd rather see someone else do it first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Factory command start = heated seats