3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle Body Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:57 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Spacers

hey team,
I read briefly the topic's thats been posted, i hope im not just re-tracking whats been said. if so tell me how dumb i am for it. I was at work today and seen a guy pull in with an 04 ram hemi like mine. We got to talking and he said one of the best thigns he's done has gotten a throttle body spacer. he didn't mention if there was much more power but he said he paid about 70-80 bucks for it and its increased his mpg by 3! Any truth to any of this? Seems like what i read out there, is there's no power and its mostly a waste to buy.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Throttle Body Spacers

The guy is still trying to justify spending the $80 and taking the time to put it on. Oh yeah, and the annoying whistling sound. The spacers are only good on a TBI or carbed engines.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Avanti
Captain

In the realm of professional research what Osteodoc has described with this guy is called trying to resolve "cognitive dissonance." He has gone to some trouble and expense to fit this piece and is now doing his best to justify it for himself... and maybe significant others.

Come on, think about it... if it were REALLY that easy to add three mpg, you think the car companies wouldn't already be doing it, given the crap they are taking for their corporate fuel-economy numbers???

Save your money and figure how many gallons of gas you can buy with the money you saved not getting the spacer.

All the best.

A senior research scientist.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:29 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

lol thanks guys. Its really funny the way it sounds how everyone on here trash's them spacers. how loud of this whisle are we talking about? Does it over sound the hemi tick? Any more thats getting annoying. i think i just need to get some exhuast to over power it.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacers