3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote start resets radio settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
PowerRam91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start resets radio settings

i recently had an alarm and remote start combo installed on my truck and every morning when i use the remote start it resets all my settings on the radio back to factory. i took it back to the place that installed it and they tried to get it to reset for them but it wouldnt. i did some testing at home and it only resets the radio after the truck has been sitting for a while. has anyone had this problem before or know what could cause this?

my truck is a 05 ram 1500 4.7, my radio is a pioneer DEH-73bt/DEH-7300bt, and the alarm and remote start combo is excalibur AL-1630-EDPB.

hope someone can help me. it really annoying having to reprogram my radio every time i use the remote start. i hope this is not a repost thread. i searched the 3rd gen forum and didnt find anything like my problem.

thanks
russ

Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the constant-hot for the clock/presets was tapped for something which interrupts the signal to the radio. Or, some part of the alarm is interrupting it later. Maybe some sort of timer associated with the alarm?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
PowerRam91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking maybe the constant was loosing voltage making it reset but the only time it resets is if the truck has been sitting for a while. if i go for a drive then shut the truck off and then use the remote start shortly after its been driven, it dont reset the radio. when i took the truck back to have them look at it the guy pulled my radio and tested the wiring to make sure there was no voltage drop when he tried it.

Quick Reply: remote start resets radio settings