3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i got f*ck*d

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 01:25 PM
2002ramon24s
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got f*ck*d

i picked up my 2002 ram yesterday and i had the dealership i work at get it for me. well on the window of the truck it said 2002 36,000 miles 4.7 one owner. ok theres a lower milaged ram with a 4.7 and i can afford it. i trusted the dealership i work at to check the truck over and make sure everything was right. well i get home and start taking the running boards off and all this then i think i might as well see what its going to take to put the intake i am ordering soon on. i opened the hood and theres a 3.7 sitting there laughing at me. i only have 10,100 in this truck and its in really good shape interor is perfict. they said i didnt get hurt ne even if it had a V6. so i told them i want money back or i want them to buy the truck back. when we was doing the papers on the truck they even ask me if i knew the truck had the no power windows and lock but had the v8 and cd player and stuff. so right now i really dont know what to do. i havent found anything saying if the 3.7 is a good lasting motor or if it is like the 2.7 intrepid and concorde motor. thats why i got this truck i had a 2001 concorde with a 2.7 in it. newayz if anyone can tell me if this is a good motor on lasting and mpg or maybe intake and exhaust options that would really help but till then ima be searching this site more and trying to answer my own questions. but with the luck im havin lately my computers going to die on me before i find nething

Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: i got f*ck*d

The 3.7 is a good motor. It will last with routine care. The problem with the 2.7 was that the oil passages were undersized and the oil was getting cooked inside the undersized passageways leading to sludging and other problems when not changed or if inferior cheap oil was used. Hence the 60-70K mile life expectancy on the motor.

As far as the dealer, I'd be more forceful and tell them that it was false advertisement. I'd also consult a lawyer and let them know that you have. Also, collect as much "evidence" that they claimed it was a 3.7 instead of the 4.7.

Did you drive this truck before you bought it? Not to criticize, but wouldn't you have noticed something wasn't right?

Old 08-07-2005, 01:50 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

First off I find it very hard to read your post.

However, if you bought a truck and did not realize it had a V6 before taking delivery there is only one person at fault, that being yourself. The drive train should be the first thing you check out when buying a vehicle. Judging by this post you never even opened the hood before taking delivery???

Old 08-07-2005, 01:55 PM
PRPLHAZ999

First off, I think I would be trying to get my money back.
Second, get a lawyer if they are giving you a hard time.
Third, I would definetly worry about the motor. I believe the ram is way to heavy a truck for a 3.7 liter to be carrying around. If you work for this dealer they should be on your side anyway.

Old 08-07-2005, 03:47 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

If you put 10 grand as the down payment, you should of got a Hemi...I only put 8 grand down...mine ain't a quad cab and it dosen't have 4x4 but, hell...it's a Hemi....and only cost 18 grand. Oh yeah...call a lawyer...you got owned.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:05 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A Lawyer will do not good if there is nothing in writing saying what you got. It is just hearsay and chances are small you will win without anything in writing. You will loose time and money going that route. Better selling and getting your money back that way if you do not want the V6. You should be able to sell it for what you bought it for and just loose your tax money.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Bruce
Professional

Verbal agreement is as good as writing,if you genuinely did'nt want a v6 anybody will be able to see that as long as it is your only problem with the truck.
If it was me i would freak and scream murder and then commit it.Dealers are usually o.k so they probably will change it as they know somebody wants a v6 ram.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:16 PM
turboram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

First off I find it very hard to read your post.

However, if you bought a truck and did not realize it had a V6 before taking delivery there is only one person at fault, that being yourself. The drive train should be the first thing you check out when buying a vehicle. Judging by this post you never even opened the hood before taking delivery???
i with you u should have looked at all that befor you went to buying it

Old 08-07-2005, 05:36 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That's definately your fault for not looking over any part of the vehicle to see if it's in proper working order, or if it's what they say it is. How hard is it to look under the hood? Should have taken a little time because after all you're spending a good amount of money...

-Matt-

Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

What's done is done. I can understand you getting wrapped up in the excitement of buying a new vehicle, but coulda, shoulda, woulda. Hind sight is 20/20. I would just take the truck back and assuming that you work there, you shouldn't have a problem undoing the deal. The paperwork hasn't even finished, especially if it is on a weekend. If it comes down to it, get a lawyer.