3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Horn

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Air Horn

So, as I was driving the tractor trailer out to the Drop Zone yesterday, I had the unfortunate need to awaken someone with the pull chord. Damn, air horns are fun!! [:@]

That made me think... is there anyway to hook up an air horn to the Ram? I'd like to put the horns behind the grill. Is it possible? Anyone done it?

Old 08-08-2005, 03:43 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Horn

yes theres ways and i think u can just hook up to the stock wires of the horn that it has to activate it

Old 08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Wolo big rig, challenger EV airhorns in my ram.

You can read about them at the wolo site, but buy them cheaper at JC Whitney's

I mounted a black painted board under the frame rails just behind the bumper. I then covered the electronic stuff with black plastic froma large trash bag.

The compressor and tank are on top and the trumpets are on the bottom.

Wired a switch in the cab that changes the normal steering wheel switch to either work the stock horns or the air horns.

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...Group?Ntt=wolo

Old 09-05-2005, 09:28 AM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloha All

If you want air horns get the Hadley Air horns I had them on my F-350 Dually for towing my 5th wheel. I can tell you they will wake up anyone that’s "sleepin" at the wheel. I was heading up to a 4-way stop about 100 feet away onetime and something told me the lady driving up to the left wasn't going to stop and I could see that the guy facing me at the 4 way was pulling trough after his stop, I laid on the horn and he stopped but the lady kept right on coming and never even stopped. He waited for me to get up to the stop sign to thank me for the heads up and complimented me on the horns.

I made a special mount on the headache rack I built to mount them on. I used a few pieces of aluminum for it. There is a lot of room under hood towards the front to mount them.
Just get a piece of aluminum stock to mount them on about 1/4 thick x 4"wide x 25-30" I kind of look like really wide H. Take 2 pieces about 8" long and put them perpendicular to the 25-30" plate at the ends, then mount the horns to those pieces. You should be able to mount them across the front just behind the bumper between the frame rails, compressor and all. Hope all goes wel with this

H-out

Quick Reply: Air Horn