3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electronic throttle problems in wet weather.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 PM
BryanJP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electronic throttle problems in wet weather.

HI, first of all I am new here. I have read posts on the site before when hunting down issues and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. Anyways, I have a 2007 Ram quad cab Hemi and I have been having problems with the electronic throttle in wet weather. The truck will warm up to operating temperature, and then it will just die and the ETC warning light will come on. Most of the time I can get it to restart and run fine right away. Other times it takes a few minutes of trying to get it to run again. I scanned the codes when I had the problems, and it pointed to the APPS. I replaced that over the weekend, and it seemed to be ok. Well tonight, I got hit by a big slush pile and a few miles later the truck dies on the freeway and it would not restart. I ran the battery dead trying to get it restarted. Got towed home, and the tow truck driver was going to get it off the flatbed, and it fired right up. The battery is obviously still weak. The kicker is, when it was restarted, the check engine light was out, and I had no codes. It only acts up in wet weather. I have already cleaned the throttle body electrical connector. Where else should I look? it seems to me that this has to be electrical, due to it only acting up in wet weather.

Thanks in advance for your help
Bryan

Quick Reply: Electronic throttle problems in wet weather.