3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trailer light wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer light wiring?

Does anyone know if there are fuses for the trailer light wireing? I was on my way home from the Racetrack last night when my running lights on the trailer went out. All the blinkers and brake lights work, just no running lights.

When I got home I took a tester and I am getting no power to the 7 prong plug or the 4 prong plug where the running lights are. I am wondering if there is an inline fuse somewhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

My 02 has separate fuses for the trailer lights. I've read that the 06's and up have a lot less fuses due to the TIPM wiring system. But I would still think the trailer lighting would have separate fuses.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 AM
duke58

I have the same problem on my 01 duelly. Still scratchen my head

Gary

Old 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
spyder666

my 04 blew trailer tail lights. seperate for tail and brake lights .it was in the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side of the truck. Not sure if this will help.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Yeah my ground had started to break loose which must have blown the fuse under the hood. New fuse, fixed ground and all seems good so far for the few around town trips I have made with the trailer. We will see in a couple of w=eeks when I head out for the first out of state round if realy fixed it?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Jacksplat

My night lights haven't worked for a couple of years. Truck and trailer both. All other lights work fine. All the wires appear fine, fuses, relays, all fine. Recently I gave up looking and took it to the shop paying 125$ an hour for a tech to look it over and he suggested the module. I put a stop to that and just hotwired the tail lights with a toggle switch direct from where the relay sits in the fusebox into the cab. It cost me 5$ for the switch and used some wire I had lying around.

I'll post the exact points if anyone wants to know. not complicated.

Quick Reply: Trailer light wiring?