3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why does my front end wobble in 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Pretty funny because THESE guys feel the same way.

Please respond to them.

I'd say it's your leveling kit. Did you put the spacers on right when you got your leveling kit done or did your run the level in 4wd on stiock tires afor a bit with no wobble?

Many guys have experienced the same problem with level kits on stock tires. Not too sure the spacers or negative offset is the issue.
thats what sucks, I cant remember 100%, all I know is when I did the leveling, I did the spacers at the same time which is when It all started, so I always blamed it on the spacers, never even thought of it being the leveling kit, but yea I guess it is that then

Old 05-05-2012, 01:52 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xler8er
The original Post from Vikingdiesel mention a level kit, then he started experiencing a wobble.Which they say the level kit will enhance a shutter.
I hate to see some one spend all that time and money when a level kit might be the problem..Do a search in the forums and you will see lots on this topic.I hope the parts you replace where failed and not miss diagnosed..
yes, wheel bearing failed, cv joint was ripped and then the tie rods and ball joints starting squeeking, so I replaced it all

Quick Reply: Why does my front end wobble in 4wd?