3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

smll "tick" front right wheel well when going over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question smll "tick" front right wheel well when going over bumps

hey guys, i have a small "tick" if you will thats in the front right wheel well. cant tell where exactly cause i have to be driving to hear it. only happened when i go over some rough pavement and on the trials. doesnt seem to ever get worse or anything. any ideas? i went mudding wth her once so far and i cant remember it happening befoer i went.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional

Anti rattle clip in the caliper? I haven't torn into these brakes yet, so I don't know if they have one or not (my stang has them and they tend to break easily.) Or it could be something worse, like wheel bearings going bad.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bigboytoys
Anti rattle clip in the caliper? I haven't torn into these brakes yet, so I don't know if they have one or not (my stang has them and they tend to break easily.) Or it could be something worse, like wheel bearings going bad.

i dont think its bearings, it doesnt make a noise when im just driving. i'll def check the brake caliper to see if anythings wrong there though. thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: smll "tick" front right wheel well when going over bumps