3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS & Brake light coming on

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 AM
nightshifter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS & Brake light coming on

This is semi-related to my earlier spare tire post. I have an ABS speed sensor ordered for my 06 1500 4x4 and plan to swap it out, but I wanted to get some more feedback on the subject.

The other night, I had to brake somewhat hard (didn't lock anything or even engage the abs) and shortly after the abs and brake lights came on. Stopped and checked the fluid level, but it was in the proper range. I shut her down and restarted her, but it didn't go off. Got into town, run in the store for 5 minutes and when I came out, the lights were off and stayed off till I got back on the highway. Ordered an ABS Speed Sensor the next day.

I looked at it today, added a tiny amount of fluid and drove it up and down the highway (1-2 miles each way)and couldn't get the lights to come back on.

Later tonight though, after 3 miles (figures, right?) they came back on. Shut it off again in town and they didn't come back on again till I was 4 miles into the highway drive home.

I'm hoping the speed sensor is the fix, but while I'm at it, is there anything else that can cause this?

Quick Reply: ABS & Brake light coming on