3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 ram head unit upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:18 AM
farminsimon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 ram head unit upgrade???

So, i recently bought a 2005 RAM 1500 Quad cab laramie with the 7 speaker infinity system. Well, i am trying to upgrade the head unit to a new alpine, and i am having problems. I bought the wiring harness that is "suppposed" to work, and when hooked up, i get power to the unit, but no sound. It seems that everything works great, except the fact that i get no sound out of the speakers. I assume it is because of an interface with some sort of factory amplifiers. The strange thing is.....my friend has the EXACT same truck except it is a 2004, and his works fine. Maybe dodge did something in 2005. All i know is i get no sound, and for now i am forced to use the stock head unit. Can anyone point me in a direction, or help me out????

Old 08-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 05 ram head unit upgrade???

The aftermarket kits dont have the remote turn on lead for the factory amp. After you install the stereo you have to run new wires to all the spekers, and that is the ONLY way you will get it to work.

Quick Reply: 05 ram head unit upgrade???